Sunday, November 9, 2014

I'm Here

I'm Here

By: M. MacMinn


the rain is calming
open air is warm on the porch
gutters are trickling droplets
a fire burns between my fingers,
upon my lips and in my lungs
water is cool, not cold
waiting in a glass, close in reach
time is still
the night finds peace

tension twists down my spine
struggling to be content
safe, secure, relatively without worry
but stiff, stern
conditioning dreams
denying sleep

posture is tense, anticipating
nothing is coming
except the train whistle in the distance
so near, it can't be seen
flinching, I'll gaze
taking more in

tired
just tired
it's been a long day
it's difficult to recall
all that's been done
but it's done
this day
it's over, work was done
and also some play

that time on the bed
wet and smooth
beers in the mouth
with tongues on each other
what a quenching release
thank you
though that too
is done

hunting for magic
but it's not always there
I'll look again tomorrow
and each day that
I'm here


www.markmacminn.com


No comments:

Post a Comment