Wednesday, September 4, 2013

luckiest.

Every eight to nine months I think about the blog I started many moons ago, and I vow to update it.  Maybe this time I'll get back on the train.

Lately I've been making some changes in my life.  Changes in choices and lifestyle.  There have been many reasons for these changes, like reflection, revision and age.  I can't deny that I'm getting a touch older.  I can't deny that sometimes things hurt for unknown reasons.  I cannot deny my own mortality, as I have watched too many friends fall.  But I know I'm a lucky one.
I haven't wound up where I thought I would be back when I was eighteen.  I have watched many friends succeed where I wished I had, and I am happy for them.  I am also old enough where jealousy isn't a factor.  I know that we all have our own path, and that we cannot compare our paths to the paths of others.  I know that mine is the way it is for whatever reason it is, and I'm ok with that, I know I'm a lucky one.
I've loved and I've lost, and I've loved and I've won, and I know right now I'm the lucky one.

I wake up everyday.  I have a comfortable home that I share with an amazing person.  I have talents I can use.  I have options, I am the lucky one.

Although today my mind is moving a little slow, much like an old motor puttering to start, I will get this going.  Now is my time to start again, for I have always been the lucky one.



www.markmacminn.com


No comments:

Post a Comment