Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My new insomnia.

Hello friends.

I have a new thing going on in my life.  I have stopped sleeping.  Well, I have stopped maintaining a normal pattern of sleep.  I do sleep, certainly, just not at the right hours.  Also, my sleep intervals have gotten smaller.  I'll sleep for 4 hours and wake, sometimes for the entire day.  It doesn't bother me too much, however it catches up and I pass out.

Enough about my sleep.  Happy Holidays!  I have coincidentally posted on Christmas day!  This seriously wasn't planned, I just woke up and thought, what the hell, I'll write a blog.  Merry Christmas!  Hours from now, many hours, the wife will wake and we'll open some presents under the tree.  Then we'll enjoy a nice lazy, rainy, Portland day together.  I'm really looking forward to it actually.  Doing nothing sounds amazing!  Not working sounds amazing!  Clocking out and playing cards, sounds amazing!  I hope everybody out there can enjoy some quality time with family and friends or both if your lucky enough for that today.  All those loved ones, that's what the holidays are about.

Not too soon after the holidays, I'll be performing a show.


Saturday. Dec. 29th. 9pm @ Backspace in Portland OR
http://www.facebook.com/events/202178829919589

I have taken a little time off performing, and only gotten back into the swing of it recently.  I played a show in November, and another in mid December, both shorter sets and starter shows.  Now on the 29th, I'll be bringing my swagger back.  I am looking forward to it.  I feel as though I found some element in performing in the past two shows that I never had before.  It's odd.  After performing so much in so many years, it's hard to think that something feels different about it, but something does.  Something positive and good.  Some sort of uninhibited drive.  So, here we go.  I'm ready.

I'm still making a tape.  I know I was talking about it in my previous blog, and it's still a plan in the works.  I think it'll just be a small limited run.  I'll keep you posted on that.

Enjoy your time and day my friends.
Cheers & Happy Holidays,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment